I got the idea of this product photo when I often had yogurt and biscuits for breakfast. We all know it, biscuits tend to be fragile and crumble. Those qualities inspired me to have one blow up, and at the right moment I would press the camera shutter.
Ok, so the rough idea in the head would be a nice starting point, now it’s time to make it real. Since most of my product or advertising photos are taken at my home, the use of any explosive was out of the question. I had to literally shred the whole vision into pieces and choose different approach. Some people like to draw their visions before realization, but I have a good imagination and I can visualize the result in my head.
I broke the whole biscuit into smaller pieces with the fact that each piece will be photographed separately. So far, it's all easy. The first challenge awaited me right from at the start. How to get a biscuit in the air. I thought I'd stick it with a translucent adhesive tape on a thin wire. No, it did not work - since there are a lot of crumbs on the surface of the biscuit, the adhesive tape did not want to fulfill its purpose at all. That's why I made a thin wire like a nest at one end and stuck the other end into the piaflor. It is such a green block that you can get in every florist shop and is used to arrange flowers.
I used 2 flash lights from Fomei brand - Digitalis PRO S400 DC. These are flashes with a built-in battery, so we don't have to worry about extension leads. I placed the main light behind the subject from the back, about 45 degrees from the camera on the right. I had a honeycomb grid on my headlight. This light made a nice outline on the products. I added another light ahead of the object, to the left of the camera - also about 45 degrees. This fill light suppose to open any dark areas of the subject.